Summer is here, and with all of the time spent outdoors, at the beach and pool, your hair is most likely taking a beating. Trying to avoid applying heat to your hair this time of year is crucial. So what does avoiding heat mean? Air-dried hair. Boring right? I know what you must be thinking, “what happens when I have to air dry my hair but still need a finished ‘look'”?
Our styling guru Nina @theatelier22 was recently traveling to the UK and did not have access to hair appliances, but was still able to create cute and fun looks without a blow dryer or curling iron. (She must’ve forgotten that plug converter.) “These styles are unexpected but super simple and easy to achieve just like that.” Lets get in to these bun, braid, and bubble no heat hairstyle tutorials that are perfect for everyday, vacation or a special occasion.
Color&Co Infuse Replenishing Conditioner
Elastics/tangle free hair ties
3-4 Bobby pins
- Start with a low, slightly side ponytail
- Create a bubble braid. Space out small elastics about 2-3” down the ponytail until you reach the ends of your hair.
- Gently divide the hair in between the space of the elastics and slide the ends of the ponytail through (this can be started at the top or bottom). Continue until complete.
- Massage and stretch out the twists of hair to create additional texture & detail.
Begin with a low sleek ponytail.
Apply a generous amount of Infuse Replenishing Conditioner to the entire lengths of ponytail. (this can be done on both wet or dry hair)
Distribute conditioner evenly.
Twirl the hair firmly until the hair naturally coils into a bun.
Secure bun with 3-4 Bobby pins (the thickness of the conditioner to assist keeping the bun in place).
Leave in the hair for the entire day – run errands, go to work, have a work out…anything!
When you are ready to remove, give your hair a good rinse with cool water!
- Begin with air dried hair, that is completely dry.
- Take a small section of hair and create a tiny ponytail on either side of your hair parting (leaving the front bits of hair out is optional).
- Space out small elastics about 1-2” down the tiny ponytail.
- Stretch the hair in between the elastics to create a bubbly effect.
- Repeat tiny ponytail on both sides to create soft symmetry.
- Drape the ends of each ponytail toward the back of the head and secure the ends with a bobby pin to the lose hair in the back.
For more fun no heat styles and more DIY hair tutorials be sure to check out theatelier22.com.